Technical Customer Support (100% remote)
Job published: April 25th, 2023 – Applications close: May 15th, 2023
At RevenueHunt we’re all about helping eCommerce owners grow their business.
To do this, we’ve created an app called “Product Recommendation Quiz”. It’s an app which helps merchants drive sales, segment their customers and grow their audience. It allows merchants to create quizzes that engage their visitors like a salesperson would, asking them questions and recommending the right products based on their responses to the quiz.
The app helps customers make confident purchasing decisions and also lets merchants collect actionable data and segment shoppers based on their responses to the quiz.
Here’s an intro video:
- Ownership & Accountability – We hold ourselves to the highest standards and we are accountable for the success of our role within the business. Being accountable includes an obligation to make things better, to pursue excellence, and to do things in ways that further the goals of the business.
- Fearless Feedback – we cherish feedback and consider it a gift to each other and from our customers.
- Teamwork – we will always perform better as a team than as individuals. We will always communicate with respect and make decisions that benefit the team and not ourselves.
- Hands-on – we approach each challenge with a positive ‘can-do’ attitude. We are enthusiastic, energetic, tenacious, hardworking, and are proactive about overcoming any issues or unknowns.
- Less is more – we strive for simplicity and minimalism and seek to continually improve processes both internally and externally. And by “improve” we mean less tools, less paperwork and less of everything that’s not essential.
So, what’s the role?
We’re on the search for a Technical Customer Support Specialist with proven experience building relationships and advising clients. As the first point of contact for new users and leads, you’ll help new and prospective clients fall in love with our app.
It’s a somewhat technical role where you’ll help solve issues with a range of complexity. In all cases you’ll deliver best-in-class support where you’re not tracked or judged on ticket close time.
You’re not required to know how to code but logical thinking skills are required to solve some of the most complex issues.
What’s a normal day like?
- Resolving issues with empathy balancing between urgency and care in details.
- Owning, investigating and troubleshooting customer technical issues from start to end.
- Documenting and reporting frequent customer issues so the dev team can further improve the platform.
- Sharing your learning and knowledge.
- Great and clear communicator – The large majority of this role will be made up of direct communication – so you need to be a clear communicator as well as have a general understanding of business communication best practices. You need to be able to read between the lines and craft messaging that is warm, friendly, professional and really meets the need of the specific demands of that email interaction.
- Excellent written English – You do NOT need to be a native English speaker, and if you have a strong accent that is perfectly fine. You do, however, need to be able to write in English in a near-native level. You will mostly be interacting with people via email (95%), with some occasional Zoom calls (5%).
- eCommerce Savvy – we don’t expect you to be able to build online stores from scratch, but you will need to learn and become familiar with Shopify and WooCommerce, the main platforms our app integrates with.
- Proactive – You have the ability to identify opportunities to add value by monitoring interaction trends and customer needs. If you see an area for improvement in the company, we want to hear it!
- Available during European and US business hours (Eastern time) – This is a fully remote position and you can work from anywhere in the world. However, candidates based in European time zones are preferred, as it’s easier to service both our EU and US customers. We rotate shifts among the team and some weeks you’ll work from 8:00h to 16:00h GMT, other weeks you’ll work from 15h to 23h GMT.
- At least two years prior experience in customer support (or similar) is required.
Nice to Have:
- Prior experience in SaaS or eCommerce is preferred.
- Experience with Google Suite (Gmail, Calendar, Docs, Sheets, Drive…)
- Experience with eCommerce platforms like Shopify or WooCommerce
- Basic knowledge of HTML/CSS and Chrome DevTools is preferred.
What We Offer:
- $1500 – $1800 monthly salary based on your experience and performance
- Up to $200/month perks allowance – to help you with your co-working space fee, internet bills, necessary hardware purchases and online courses so everything is set up for your productive work. This amount is on top of your salary.
- 100% remote – The role will have no location requirement. We’re a 100% pre-pandemic remote team. This means we KNOW how to work remotely. We work with trust, transparency and asynchronous communication — not micromanagement and screen tracking.
- Please note you will work as an Independent Contractor for a UK-based company, so no citizenship requirements or work permits are needed. However, you will need to take care of your own local taxes, etc.
- Possibility to be paid in crypto.
* Please submit your application following this link to take a short evaluation quiz.
* At the end of the quiz, you’ll be asked to record a short intro video and submit a link to your CV.
* Applicants who don’t fill out the quiz or don’t submit the video or the CV will be discarded. Sorry!