Last updated: December 5th, 2023.
Welcome to RevenueHunt
The use of this website implies the acceptance of each and every one of the Terms of Service on this page.
We want you to read these Terms of Service, therefore, they are written in such a way that they can be understood by everyone, without having knowledge about laws or knowing specific legal terms.
RevenueHunt offers a wide variety of products and services, so sometimes additional conditions or requirements can be applied that could replace, complete or modify these Terms of Service, and which will be informed in each specific case.
If you’ve got any questions, send us an email to [email protected]
This is the legal agreement between us when it comes to using our website, our apps and services. If you use RevenueHunt, you agree to these terms. If you don’t agree with the terms, don’t use RevenueHunt.
For RevenueHunt current or potential business customers who use our website.
RevenueHunt does not intend for this website or any of the Services to collect personal information (or ‘personal data’ for EU visitors) from children under the age of 18. If you are under 18, please do not attempt to create an account with us or send any personal information about yourself to us. If you believe that a child under 18 may have provided us with personal information, please contact us via email at [email protected]
Some pages of this website allow the sending of your personal and contact information. We offer multiple ways in which you may contact us or send us your data, including when you install our app through Shopify or WooCommerce, register for an account, send us emails, fill out forms, and occasionally through surveys. The information we may collect from you through these processes is:
- Full name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Postal address
- Business information
Your personal contact information (e-mail and phone), passwords, as well as tax information (ID card, bank accounts and credit cards) that you provide will not be published on our website and will never be shared with third parties.
On occasion, we may also ask you to provide us with information about another person and their contact information, such as with other potential business users of our app. In such case, we will treat the other person’s information the same as yours and in accordance with this policy.
We gather data about you when you engage with our website, app, or contact us via email. Similar to many other websites and apps, we employ tools to track your interactions. These tools may involve the use of pixel tags and cookies. We also send email updates and offers and may analyze your interactions with our emails. During these interactions, we specifically collect the following information:
- Website visit analytics such as referral link clicks, pages viewed, and time spent on site
- IP addresses and general geographic location derived from IP addresses
- Registered Account IDs
- Cookie IDs
- Advertising IDs
- Email opens and click-throughs that will be associated with an email address
For us, the security of your data is very important, so access to your RevenueHunt account is password protected. If you lose it, you can only recover it using the automated password recovery procedure on the “access” page, by clicking on the “I forgot my password” link. The password will be sent to the contact e-mail of your profile.
Some non-confidential information you provide may appear on your RevenueHunt profile. These data are the username, your description, avatar (image), location, services offered, services demanded, prices and rates, among others. If you do not want them to appear on our app you can delete them at any time.
You must guarantee that the information, images, contents and observations that you provide do not infringe the Intellectual or Industrial Property Rights of third parties, nor any other legal provision.
In no case will RevenueHunt be responsible for the legality, truthfulness and accuracy of the data provided. It is your sole responsibility to notify RevenueHunt of any changes that may apply to them.
Also, as long as we have your consent, we will use your contact information to perform satisfaction checks, as well as to send information regarding products and services provided by RevenueHunt, using it for this purpose until expressly stated otherwise.
We use personal information in order to:
- Provide you with our services and for billing purposes
- To improve our products and features
- Communicate with you through email (including product and feature updates)
- Personalize our app to your needs
- Incorporate your feedback, testimonials or reviews into our website and app
We work with business partners who integrate with our app. In some cases, these partners may share personal information with us, and receive some analytics around your integration with our app. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of these partners when you use them in conjunction with RevenueHunt. Partners include:
- Facebook Ads
- Google Analytics
We contract with the following service providers who use your personal information exclusively to support RevenueHunt’s business operations:
- Customer communications through Klaviyo
- Web and app analytics through Google Analytics
- App and software hosting through Amazon AWS
- Online advertising through Facebook and others
We will not sell, rent or share your personal information with third parties for their own uses. However, there are occasions we may share personal information for a designated business purpose, including:
- With other divisions, subsidiaries or corporate affiliates of RevenueHunt.
- If we are compelled by law to do so, such as through a subpoena or court order.
- If it is required as part of a business transaction where RevenueHunt or any subsidiary is acquired.
We may share aggregated information that does not identify any personal information, such as the number of website or app visits, referring partner metrics, or number of account registrations.
Shopify’s APIs use:
- We import product and collections information from your store for our recommendation algorithm to work
- We pull orders information in order to monitor quiz performance and ROI. We do not store any personal information from the orders.
- We push the quiz response ID, the phone and marketing consent settings to your customers. We also create a new customer if the email they give in the quiz does not match with any customer email in your Shopify customers list.
Your choices with our personal information uses
If you are a business customer, you may contact us at any time and request the following choices with our use of your personal information:
- Access. We can provide you with the personal information that we maintain about you.
- Modification. We will correct any mistakes with your personal information.
- Opt-Out. You may request that we cease using your information for marketing or other purposes that are not required to provide the services you’ve requested. If you have received a commercial email from us, you will have the option to opt-out or unsubscribe provided in the email itself.
- Deletion. You can request that we delete any personal information about you, unless we are required by contract or law to retain it.
Your web browser might have a “Do Not Track” option, allowing you to indicate to website operators and online service providers that you prefer not to have certain online activities tracked across various websites over time. However, please note that our app currently does not support “Do Not Track” requests.
For our European visitors, we handle personal data under the following legal bases:
- Contract fulfillment: We process data as a data processor, following the explicit instructions of our customers.
- Legitimate interest: We use personal data to send marketing and other communications to our business customers. Additionally, we may analyze how our business customers use our products and services to enhance them.
RevenueHunt is based in the United Kingdom, and our servers are located in the United States (Amazon AWS). If you are accessing our website from outside the U.S., providing us with your personal information implies your consent for the transfer of that information to the United States. When transferring personal data to be processed by our service providers or partners in the U.S., we rely on model contracts approved by the European Commission or the U.S.-EU Privacy Shield Framework.
European visitors who wish to exercise their data subject rights can get in touch with us or file a complaint by emailing us at [email protected]
Alternatively, you may lodge a complaint with your local Data Protection Authority.
Information and Data Security
Both our team and our service providers work on a Need-to-Know Principle.
RevenueHunt meets Shopify’s Level 1 and 2 Requirements regarding Protected Customer Data.
RevenueHunt enforces multi-factor authentication for employees that have access or use of systems that contain customer data.
Data security vulnerabilities or breaches will be acknowledged and duly communicated to merchants and Shopify/WooCommerce/BigCommerce/Magento within 72 hours.
We perform thorough assessments of all our personal information service providers and mandate that they maintain robust security measures. RevenueHunt performs an annual security assessment of our software, including but not limited to vulnerability assessments, penetration tests.
If RevenueHunt handles your personal data on our own systems or servers, we implement safeguards to prevent unauthorized access or disclosures. While we strive to safeguard the privacy of your account and other personal data in our possession, regrettably, we cannot guarantee absolute security.
We will retain your personal information for as long as we deem it necessary to maintain our relationship with you or as mandated by applicable laws. As mentioned earlier, you can request the deletion of your information at any time. This is a crucial aspect of our commitment to protecting your data.
How to use RevenueHunt
You can create all kinds of Product Recommendation Quizzes for your ecommerce store. You can create an account installing our app. Make sure the info you provide is accurate and up-to-date.
What you can’t do
- Share your account with anyone else. Please secure your login details. If you think someone else has your login details, contact us straight away. It’s so you’re not then held responsible for anything shady that happens in your account.
- Mess with our security measures. Or those implemented by third parties.
- Mess with areas of our site, product, or systems that aren’t open to the public.
- Trick people with fake elements on our website or service.
- Mess with the content on our website by uploading new content, creating new links, etc. That includes the use of automated scripts, spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools, or anything similar.
- Interfere with someone else’s access to RevenueHunt. Stuff like sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, and mail-bombing.
- Reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade, resell, or exploit for any commercial reason any part of the service (including your own RevenueHunt account).
- Do stuff like vulnerability scanning, load testing, penetration tests, or bypassing our security measures.
- Use services that monitor the availability, performance, and functionality of RevenueHunt for benchmarking or anything else.
- Hide the “Powered by RevenueHunt” branding via Custom CSS/JS. If you want to remove it, please consider upgrading to one of our paid plans.
What about the quizzes I create?
We don’t own anything you create or upload using RevenueHunt.
We’ll ask for your permission to share publicly, and change what you create/upload to promote RevenueHunt.
Any content you upload/create might be available to third parties. Make sure you’re happy with this before you upload/create content with our app.
Your content should not break the law or break third party policies. Make sure you have permission from the owner before you upload content—especially things that are protected by intellectual property rights. Otherwise we might delete it.
We might review your content if it’s reported as illegal. If your content breaks any rules we might modify or delete it.
What about people who respond to my quiz?
When you use your quiz to collect information, you enter into a contractual relationship with your customers. You need to meet your obligations when it comes to data protection, cookies, or e-commerce laws and regulations.
Sometimes we use other service providers (eg. connect your quiz to your mailing list or CRM via Zapier or track quiz usage with Google Analytics). We’re not liable for anything they do. Third parties are also obligated to follow regulations.
What they do is beyond our control and we’re not liable for any of it. Using them could mean data from your quiz account gets transferred elsewhere. Our advice? Read their own policies carefully so you understand exactly how they use your data.
Features modification and removal
RevenueHunt constantly improves its products and services. Therefore, we may add, edit or remove some features in the future. RevenueHunt may add quiz usage limitations.
We believe that you are the owner of your data and that it is important to preserve your access to it. If we interrupt a service, in cases where it is reasonable, we will inform you sufficiently in advance and we will allow you to extract your information.
Service uptime and support
RevenueHunt has a service uptime of over 99.9%. You can check if our system is running as expected or experiencing issues in our app status page.
However, we do have an on-call team and escalation plan to address system disruptions:
- Our support team is available 24/7 via email at [email protected] in case you encounter any issues
- We have automated tests and alerts which inform our lead developer when one of our systems is down
- Our DevOps team is informed automatically of any critical issues and they have a response time of under 15 minutes
- Our support team can call both our Product Manager and our Lead Developer at any time in case a merchant or an end user reports any other incident which hasn’t been picked up by our tests
Responding to Customer Support requests
RevenueHunt will provide the following support via email and Zoom:
- First response to critical support requests within 15 minutes. Critical support requests include widespread (multiple customers) service outages and reports of security vulnerabilities from customers.
- First response to high-priority issues within 6 hours. High priority support requests include inability to access the product from multiple users (for example, multiple users cannot log in) and other similar requests.
- First response to low-priority issues within 24 hours.
- You can find more information about our Customer Support activities and scope in this article.
RevenueHunt excludes any liability that may arise from interferences, omissions, interruptions, computer viruses, telephone breakdowns or disconnections in the operation of our website, caused by external issues.
Likewise, RevenueHunt also excludes any liability that could be caused by delays or blockages in the functioning of our website caused by deficiencies or overload of the server, as well as of damages caused by third parties through illegitimate intrusions beyond our control.
Although our app and website are always active, we might have to temporarily suspend, maybe without prior notice, accessibility to our app or website due to maintenance, repair, update or improvement operations. If you can not access a feature or you detect a bug in our app, please send us an email to [email protected] and we will fix it as soon as possible.
Warranties and waiver of liability
We offer our products and services with a level of competence and reasonable diligence. However, we can not offer guarantees regarding some aspects.
RevenueHunt offers no warranties regarding the content of the products or services we provide, their specific features, reliability, availability or ability to meet your needs.
Some jurisdictions provide certain warranties of merchantability, suitability and non-compliance. To the extent permitted by law, RevenueHunt excludes all warranties.
The user is solely responsible for any infractions that may be incurred or any damages that may be caused by the use of our website.
Neither RevenueHunt nor its partners, group companies, employees, representatives or their employees will be liable for loss of profits, loss of revenue, loss of data, financial losses or other types of damages due to the use or lack of availability of the products and services offered on this website.
I want to delete my account.
If you’re on the Free plan, the account will stay active until you uninstall our app.
If you’re on a paid plan, they automatically renew monthly or annually (depending on how you decided to pay). You can cancel the renewal via the account settings. If you cancel, the subscription you already paid for will continue until the end of the month/year.
You can delete your account any time uninstalling our app. This will cancel plan renewals. You might lose data if you decide to do this.
Can RevenueHunt delete my account?
We have the right to suspend or delete your account if you breach these terms and conditions. We’ll aim to give you 15 days notice, but we may delete it sooner if you break the law. You might loose data if your account gets deleted.
We care about the privacy rights of our merchants and their customers. On May 25, 2018, the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) went into effect and established global data protection rights for individuals in the European Union.
Because GDPR is a new regulation, each merchant has the responsibility to follow the established guidelines for proper usage. If you are a merchant who servers EU citizens, it is necessary to follow these regulations.
What information we collect through Shopify’s APIs
What information we collect directly from your store (For example, do you ask them for contact details? Do you generate automated logs relating to their use of your app?)
What information is collected directly from your customers (For example, do you drop cookies or use other tracking technologies on their devices? Do you log information relating to how customers visit or navigate particular stores?)
How we use the information we collect (Do you use this information for any purposes aside from providing your app’s services?)
For how long do we store or retain the data we collect
Location of our company and our servers (Are you storing or processing information outside of Europe?)
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
First-party: we’re using AHOY to offer you analytics about your customers’ behavior using your quiz. Only you have access to this data.
Third-party: We’re using Google Analytics to track anonymous behavior data.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
About these Terms of Service
RevenueHunt reserves the right to modify, expand or update at any time and without previous notification, the Terms of Service of our website or any specific Conditions of Use of any product or service offered. We recommend you to check them periodically.
If you do not accept the modified conditions of a product or service, you must stop using our website or close your account.
In case of conflict between these Terms of Service and other specific Conditions of Use, these Terms of Service shall prevail over the specific. In the event that a particular condition is not mandatory, the remaining Terms will not be affected.
These Terms govern the relationship between RevenueHunt and you, and do not generate any rights that may be a third party beneficiary.
We have tried to be as clear and concise as possible. However, if you have any questions about these Terms of Service or wish to contact RevenueHunt, please fill in the contact form and our legal department will be happy to help you.