Product Quiz Success: Why it’s necessary to send follow up emails?18-3-2022 eCommerce Sales Funnels Shopify Apps
Almost every ecommerce company uses product recommendation quizzes to increase sales. However, not many companies send the follow up emails necessary to make sure that customers actually buy the products they are recommended. In this article, we will explain why it’s so important to send quiz results to customers and set up an email marketing campaign specifically targeted at quiz takers.
Importance of follow up emails
There are a few reasons why follow up emails are essential for ecommerce companies:
– First, it helps to build trust with the customer. If you can show that you’re willing to take the time to personalize their experience and give them tailored recommendations, they’ll be more likely to buy from you in the future.
– Second, it allows you to upsell and cross-sell products. If a customer knows what they’re looking for, they’re more likely to buy additional items that complement their purchase.
– Finally, it helps you stay top of mind with the customer. In a world where there are so many choices, being able to remind customers of your product can be the difference between a sale and no sale.
How to set up an email marketing campaign
Now that we’ve gone over the importance of follow up emails, let’s talk about how you can set up an email marketing campaign specifically targeted at quiz takers.
– You’ll need to segment your list. You can do this by creating a separate list for quiz takers or by tagging customers who’ve taken the quiz in your email marketing software.
– You’ll need to create targeted content. This could include special offers, discounts, or even just additional information about the products they’re interested in.
– You’ll need to send the emails. We recommend sending one email immediately after they take the quiz and then a follow-up email a few days later.
Sending follow up emails is an essential part of running a successful ecommerce business. If you’re not already doing it, we hope this article has inspired you to start!
Send Notifications straight from the Product Recommendation Quiz app
Product Recommendation Quiz app makes it easy to create and send short plain-text notifications to your quiz takers. Keep your customers engaged and coming back for more with follow up emails!
With Product Recommendation Quiz, you can send follow up emails automatically after quiz completion.
In the email template you can:
- add a list of recommended products with links to each product page
- add a direct link to the quiz results (from where your customers can add products to the cart directly)
- add a personal message from your brand
- recall quiz answers such as a name, age, or a quiz choice
Learn more about sending quiz results to the customer via email here.
Use a CRM service to send branded emails
Klaviyo, Hubspot, ActiveCampaign, and many other CRM services make it easy to create and send beautiful, personalized emails to your quiz takers.
Product Recommendation Quiz integrates directly with:
This means that all the quiz data are sent directly to your preferred CRM service after a customer completes the quiz. You can use this data to create a special email template that not only includes all the details of the recommended products but also matches your brand’s style. Take a look at this email template we have available for Klaviyo users:
A well-designed email flow can recover up to 80% of abandoned carts and allow for more profits from the same action – quiz taking. Product Recommendation Quiz offers detailed instructions on how to create an email flow with your preferred mailing list. Check out our Integrations section to find out more!
Product Recommendation Quiz customers use special customer tags to send follow-up emails tailored to the customer profile. For example, they use age tags to promote products appropriate to a specific age group (e.g. teens, over 60) or skin type tags to promote products appropriate to your skin profile. A targeted campaign is more successful than a general one because it addresses the specific needs your client has at the moment. The better you are at predicting what they need and when they need it, the higher the chance they’ll buy.
How often do you email?
It is recommended to send one email directly after quiz completion, then follow-up every few days. Sending an email every day can be a bit too tiring for the customer. However, a well-tailored message every week seems a lot more acceptable and a genuinely sincere way of keeping in touch. Remember to always add a special offer for your subscribers to maintain a high click-open rate.
All in all, quiz takers are more likely to buy the products they’re recommended if you follow up with them. So make sure you set up an email marketing campaign specifically targeted at quiz takers! It’s a great way to increase sales and get customers coming back to your store time and time again. Ready to try it for yourself? Start building your first Product Recommendation Quiz now – it’s free!